Electromobility is an important milestone for the transformation towards sustainability. In addition to the charging infrastructure, the technical challenges lie in electric motors, battery cell chemistry and power electronics. Sustainability leadership in electromobility therefore requires a holistic approach. The dialogue covers various challenges of a holistic approach, ranging from production strategy to differentiating factors in the powertrain.
- How will BMW differentiate itself?
- Will BMW produce battery cells?
- Why does BMW not produce power electronics?
- How will BMW sustain technological leadership in automated driving?
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jörg Franke, Institute for Factory Automation and Production Systems, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Oliver Zipse, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG
- Dr. Peter Lamp, Head of Research & Development Battery Cell Technology, Fuel Cell, BMW Group