Product development has a major impact on the cradle-to-cradle principle. Anticipating the 4Rs - reduce, reuse, recycle and replace - in the product development process enables new design concepts and the use of new eco-friendly materials. The dialogue addresses, among other aspects, the importance of weight reduction, the transformations in interior design as well as the customer’s perception of sustainability.
- Is sustainability relevant for car buyers?
- What makes weight reduction so important?
- How is the interior design changing?
- Why are mono materials of increasing importance?
- Paying more money for natural materials?
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Sandro Wartzack, Institute of Engineering Design, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Oliver Zipse, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG